- uniform coating thickness in drillings and on threads
- good corrosion-resistance
- suitable for food
- great thermal insulation properties
- excellent electrical insulation properties
- can be coated black: minimum coating thickness of 15µm (ELOX-BLACK)
ELOX is an anodically generated aluminium oxide layer. The ELOX coating is a largely corrosion-resistant layer that protects aluminium materials. The base material surface is converted to aluminium oxide. Two thirds of the coating thickness ‘grows’ into the base material, which means an additional 3µm layer is created with a standard coating thickness of 10µm.